Some of you may or may not know this about me, but I have two younger brothers, I get to see them almost every week at my parent’s house, where we always seem to gather.
The oldest one of them “R” is very quiet, but he is the kindest one of us.
The youngest one “M”, loves to cook and is a man who knows he’s way around the kitchen since he was a young kid. He is 7 1/2 years younger than me but when I was in college, exhausted with exams and coming home late from a part-time job, he used to prepare me the most delicious sandwiches I ever tasted. Even if they are younger than me, my brothers always looked after me. So, last week I begged “ M” to prepare me a dessert, the “crustade aux pommes”. (sorry guys, I don’t know how the dessert’s name in English)
In Quebec, it’s a very popular dessert and is very easy to prepare 🙂 (I know “apple season” is over but I love apples desserts)
My little brother prepared the dessert, took some pictures (I begged him for these) and gave me the recipe written in French. I translated the recipe in English for you guys!
- 1¼ cups rolled oats (310 ml.)
- ¼ all-purpose flour
- ¼ brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 ml.)
- Apple filling mix:
- 6 apples
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ brown sugar (125 ml.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix in a bowl, the flour, oat, brown sugar and add butter
- In a second bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Add lemon juice, sliced apples and mix
- Apple mix is ready, put in a square baking pan
- Bake for about 50 minutes
- this delicious treat is mostly served with vanilla ice cream but I prefer it with strawberry ice cream 😉
Thanks again for stopping by!